Calling all guitarists who can write too
Decstuff
2007-12-30 02:21:30 UTC
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.

I have recently started a website, http://www.thestringery.com, where
I feature lots of great guitar resources, lessons, and more. I am
looking to expand the site with your help.

I am prepared to allow anyone to send in "freelance" articles on
guitar in exchange for ad placement on your article page 50% of the
time. This is a great way to get your name out there as a writer,
make a little money, and help other guitarists in the process. I have
setup a page detailing the idea further:

http://thestringery.com/writeforus.php

You may place two advertisements (468x60 and 160x600). These may be
through amazon, google ads, custom images/text, or another service.
(custom images or services must be okayed by me - basically, I don't
want anything annoying or grotesque on the site).

Please please please, ask me questions!
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-30 03:34:32 UTC
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Daniel-

You can contact me via yalum at earthlink dot net

For a technical playing guitar-related sample of my writing Ex/ How to
learn / play Modes of the Major Scale;

http://tinyurl.com/2axjcz

A couple of other random examples;

*spark-online.com >> version 20.0, MAY.2001 >> MARC V. MULAYspark-
online contents page. ... ESOCIETY, *SPARK-ONLINE VERSION 20.0. the
first casualty. by marc v. mulay. printer friendly version ...
www.spark-online.com/issue20/mulay.html - 32k - Cached - Similar pages
- Note this

stoicism and religion >> by marc v. mulay >> *spark-
online.com ...Despite David Letterman, Hillary's campaign for New York
Senator continues to falter. Mind you, this is a candidate who has
everything going for her, ...
www.spark-online.com/april00/esociety/mulay.html - 30k - Cached -
Similar pages - Note this

NOTE: For years, I've enjoyed the vulgar hilarity of flame-scorching a
multitude of anonymous, cowardly hate-mongers typing into this
newsgroup. These people identify themselves by attempting to undermine
any/all original writing I do, typing "fraud" and or "plaigerism /
plaigerist". The angstrom-distance between their ears makes the cold
vacuum of space seem like a hot high pressure cooker. Watch...Talk to
you soon! :-) mvm
Claude V. Lucas
That would be "plagiarism", wanker.
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-30 04:05:06 UTC
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
That would be "plagiarism", wanker.- Hide quoted text -
LewwwZah Numero UNO!, RIGHT on CUE :-) Clittel flails around in this
hair net, making a perfect mess of his bouffant.

Under the floorboards of his Vegas double-wide flops and flutters
what's left of a wayward Cub Scout nabbed bouncing out of a local
7-11. Moments later, injected with drain cleaner and some sort of foul
concoction of Clittel's own bodily fluids, the boy's auditory
perception was the first to go -sparing him some kind of awful "death
metal" at 130 dB. Silently, the object of Clittel's masturbatory
fantasy was bouncing around inside the rusting, windowless white van
amid;

42 Rolls of Duct Tape
Dental Tools
Grays Anatomy Volume 1 (pages stuck together)
Power Drill
Hammer

After "spending himself" on the victim, Clittel dragged one dead leg
over to his PC. There in the dark, his tortured old face
glistening with cheap makeup, all highlighted by the harsh glow of his
monitor, he ignored the flopping beneath his trailer
and the smell of his own sploogey all over his hands...he begain to
type;

"That would be "plagiarism", wanker..."

The rest is history. :-) mvm
Elvis Kabong
2007-12-30 08:24:27 UTC
Post by Claude V. Lucas
In article
Marc Mulay, sad, pathetic asshole, phony veteran, co-lead fartcatcher to His
Thermionic Radiance, The Lord Vlave, posing as Fit E. Cal
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
You've been a suckass of Lard Wilbur too long now, Cloggy.
Especially when you play spelling monitor here.
You need to seek donations so maybe you could might be
able to actually acquire a significant life.
Claude V. Lucas
2007-12-30 14:59:42 UTC
In article <0BIdj.27323$***@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
"Special" E.D. Blum, co-lead fartcatcher to His Thermionic Radiance,
Post by Elvis Kabong
In article
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
How are the FEMAtone amps. coming along, E.D.?

If you ever actually finish one, and anyone is actually
stupid enough and tone-deaf enough to buy one you can
donate to the sad, pathetic asshole abatement fund.

Wanker.
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-30 23:14:12 UTC
Post by Elvis Kabong
In article
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
able to actually acquire a significant life.- Hide quoted text -
Ed--
The critical factor you (and every / anyone else with a degree of
objectivity going for him) MUST have logged by now is that
this guy lucas only types out angry stabs against others. He's a
"troll", forever doomed to type that others are. He pumps out non-
tech, OT hatred and negativity, then when it reverberates back at him,
he claims that the individual he's attempted to flame, is himself, the
flamer. Everyone reading AGA for whatever reason knows who his partner-
in-phuctardedness is in this department.
The singular, unique hard, cold, fact, reality about Lucas is (i.e.
his sole differentiator more than any other regular AGA negatron-beam
case of his ilk) is, he invariably tells the world exactly what he
thinks of himself / i.e. completely bares to *all* his vacuum of self-
esteem, with virtually EVERY insult he types. It's his involuntary
flatulence as a
brain-parasite-infected, damaged old man. From his well noted stutter;
"s.p.a.", to his newly discovered "wanker", the poor guy almost always
rumbles and explodes with humorless diarrhea / upchuck in his preample
to flame-attempts and then goes on to spit his mildly acidic venom
into the post itself.
My guess is that he's just intensely lonely. He misdirects it all with
hatred. In william of Denver, he and others all eye a kindred spirit
in that regard, so they ineptly attempt to reinforce each other in a
"brotherhood" of neg-neg-hate. Clumsily, they play "the enemy of my
enemy is my friend" ... "the friend of my friend is my friend" ...
"the friend of my enemy is my enemy" ... etc.
There's something SO white-trash, cult, neo-nazi, skin-head,
uneducated, slow-witted LA-HOOOOOOO-zah about the whole element he and
they represent that, were it not for the fact that making fun of their
attempts to get the upper hand is often incredibly entertaining and
humorous, they'd go ignored. It'd be far wiser to do just that, and
sometimes it's the right play, but in AGA, wisdom takes a back seat to
fun and entertainment, unless the subject is on topic, about our love
of music, amps, guitar, gear and tone.
Let the good times roll, -not troll-, man :-) mvm
Claude V. Lucas
2007-12-30 23:31:10 UTC
In article <c613c0a3-cae0-44ac-a636-***@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
Marc Mulay, sad, pathetic asshole, phony veteran, co-lead fartcatcher to
His Thermionic Radiance, The Lord Vlave, posing as Fit E. Cal stammered
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Elvis Kabong
In article
asshat.
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 04:53:49 UTC
Post by Claude V. Lucas
Marc Mulay, sad, pathetic asshole, phony veteran, co-lead fartcatcher to
His Thermionic Radiance, The Lord Vlave, posing as Fit E. Cal stammered
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Elvis Kabong
In article
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
asshat.- Hide quoted text -
Oh clittel...Lucas! You had me at "A" :-), when you kept ON typing
five more letters and punctuation, you earned an "F" in the 'ol
"brevity is the sole of wit" test. Not that your otherwise speechless
response to truth isn't acknowledged in terms of its paucity, it's
just that "asshat" lacks even the *most* remote pretense at attempting
wit ...but then...from a connoisseur of "professional" wrasslin' sech
as yore-sef, perhaps the bar was set too high in the expectations
department...better get back to your Tay-Vay fer sum "cross face
crippler" 'n "suplex" action! :-) www.geocities.com/mvm55555
Claude V. Lucas

That should have read "pompous asshat"
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 15:21:15 UTC
Claude V. Lucas, aka, clittel (" claudel ")...arguing with an old
fool;
...Like informing vinyl that it's cracked and expecting the tonearm
and cartridge to repair the crack...crack...crack...crack
--but enough about clittel's dietary habits or nose wear. ;-) mvm
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 16:51:48 UTC
Post by Claude V. Lucas
Scuse me.
:-) http://tinyurl.com/2tc3js
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 06:01:02 UTC
http://tinyurl.com/ynq6gl
Elvis Kabong

Cloggy is the *wetness* in Wet Fart Willy.
Lord Valve
2007-12-31 19:18:03 UTC
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Let it go...

Like most of the "articles" he's posted here, he probably cut and pasted
it from somewhere - and didn't have a clue it wasn't spelled right.

Lord Valve
Expert
Claude V. Lucas
2007-12-31 19:22:00 UTC
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
I know.

It's just a guilty pleasure to wind him up and watch him
howl at the sky for days on end with as few words as possible.

Stay tuned for more "white van and Cub Scout" "creativity"...
Fit E. Cal
2008-01-01 00:00:02 UTC
It's just a guilty pleasure to wind up...howl at the sky for days
on end with as few words as possible...stay tuned for more
"white van and Cub Scout" "creativity
Good GOD you old filthy sick bastard-. They're just children-- don't
go out again...chain yourself to a truck axle. :-) mvm
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 23:47:56 UTC
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Expert- Hide quoted text -
As if to *prove* himself a complete liar, william types that. Like he
would not have been THE first in line to show a souurce which I
supposedly "plaigerized" from. Whadda LA-HOO-zah.
Bitter, angry, brutally beaten back by virtually every attempt he or
any of his fellow gnats, mosquitos, flies, larval stage parasites,
etc. they type, then take a smack down, type, smack down. If masochism
was an Olympic event, they'd be
members of the New York Athletic Club :-) mvm
PMG
2007-12-31 02:24:07 UTC
On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:21:30 -0800 (PST), Decstuff
Post by Decstuff
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.
You're not from around here. Are you?

Where's what? --Towelie
DGDevin
2007-12-31 03:28:38 UTC
Post by Decstuff
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.
You're not from around here. Are you?
It's like he showed up at an Irish bar and asked if anyone there likes a bit
of a drink from time to time. ;^)
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 05:04:27 UTC
Post by Decstuff
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.
You're not from around here.  Are you?
It's like he showed up at an Irish bar and asked if anyone there likes a bit
of a drink from time to time.  ;^)
Leeeeeeeettttt's Get Ready to Gruuuuuuummmmmmble!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/269pvk
vs.
http://tinyurl.com/38jsel
clittel (claude lucas) and douglas george devin (dgdevin)...AGA's
all-
mvm, all-the-time channel...kinda creepy...in an entertaining sorta
way-- don't look for much on topic here-
unless it's in one of my posts...Hey @disney! Dietz, you've got
plenty
of time to catch up,
.(..william quit while he was behind) ack ack ack ack ack ;-) mvm
PMG
2007-12-31 06:00:57 UTC
Post by Decstuff
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.
You're not from around here. Are you?
It's like he showed up at an Irish bar and asked if anyone there likes a bit
of a drink from time to time. ;^)
Ahh, sure and begora.

Where's what? --Towelie
DGDevin
2007-12-31 07:26:56 UTC
Post by PMG
Post by DGDevin
Post by PMG
You're not from around here. Are you?
It's like he showed up at an Irish bar and asked if anyone there likes a bit
of a drink from time to time. ;^)
Ahh, sure and begora.
http://youtu.be/jbrzZWLu6Qw
There's a great old Peter Sellers routine about a band playing in an Irish
pub, one member accuses another of playing a bum note, with
furniture-crunching mayhem the result. His audio material must all be on CD
by now, what a comic genius that guy was.
Lord Valve
2007-12-31 19:52:22 UTC
Post by Decstuff
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.
You're not from around here. Are you?
--
Where's what? --Towelie
*Anyone* who Googles up a dose of Mulay's concentrated sickness isn't going
to want to come within fifty miles of having anything "written" by him on a
fledgling website.

Unless it has links to rotten.com or any one of hundreds
of gay porn sites Mulay routinely links to in his NG posts.

Beware, Mr. Cook. Once you step in a pile of Mulay,
you'll be scraping your shoes forever. The stink will
never leave.

Lord Valve
Expert
PMG
2007-12-31 22:31:39 UTC
Post by Decstuff
Have you written some pretty lengthy forum posts or articles relating
to anything guitar? With a little work, an image or two, and my
editing - you could make a little money off it.
You're not from around here. Are you?
--
Where's what? --Towelie
*Anyone* who Googles up a dose of Mulay's concentrated sickness isn't going
to want to come within fifty miles of having anything "written" by him on a
fledgling website.
Unless it has links to rotten.com or any one of hundreds
of gay porn sites Mulay routinely links to in his NG posts.
Beware, Mr. Cook. Once you step in a pile of Mulay,
you'll be scraping your shoes forever. The stink will
never leave.
Lord Valve
Expert
That's pretty accurate.

Most people in this newsgroup who'd sell their writing (or claim to)
don't know shit about guitars, and can't play well enough to be taken
seriously anyhow.

Where's what? --Towelie
Fit E. Cal
2007-12-31 23:53:15 UTC
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Where's what? --Towelie- Hide quoted text -
Most, -every once in a while, you type something with a kernal of
truth in it. The other side of that equation is, like most,
your posts don't belong in a thread named "Calling all guitarists who
can write too".
Greg Cisko
2008-02-28 07:44:24 UTC
Post by Fit E. Cal
Most, -every once in a while, you type something with a kernal of
truth in it. The other side of that equation is, like most,
your posts don't belong in a thread named "Calling all guitarists who
can write too".
Yes but you are a total F-ing psycho numb nut. Along with that elvis
kabong ahole and Claude V lucas or whatever.
Comrade Spetsnaz
2008-02-28 10:22:14 UTC
Post by Greg Cisko
Post by Fit E. Cal
Most, -every once in a while, you type something with a kernal of
truth in it. The other side of that equation is, like most,
your posts don't belong in a thread named "Calling all guitarists who
can write too".
Yes but you are a total F-ing psycho numb nut. Along with that elvis
kabong ahole and Claude V lucas or whatever.
Cico, you cretin. You...child. *THIS* is psycho:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread326328/pg1

Grow up. mvm
Elvis Kabong
2008-02-28 23:32:35 UTC
Post by Greg Cisko
Post by Fit E. Cal
Most, -every once in a while, you type something with a kernal of
truth in it. The other side of that equation is, like most,
your posts don't belong in a thread named "Calling all guitarists who
can write too".
Yes but you are a total F-ing psycho numb nut. Along with that elvis
kabong ahole and Claude V lucas or whatever.
Cico, you cretin. You...child. *THIS* is psycho:
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread326328/pg1

Grow up. mvm

Cissyko is one of those musicians who plays nothing but hate songs.
He even hates playing his hate songs, but has to do something to get
S&M chicks to administer his favorite pastime - being tortured.
This explains the constant frown on his face and why he takes
himself so seriously and assumes everyone is like he is. It's also
why he can't understand why people laugh at things in the
cartoon world of text.
Comrade Spetsnaz
Oooooh grrrrrrr- everyone's a "psycho" ;-) mvm
Elvis Kabong

"I'm a psycho, he's a psycho, be a psycho too".
Comrade Spetsnaz
2008-02-29 05:30:27 UTC
Post by Comrade Spetsnaz
Post by Comrade Spetsnaz
Post by Greg Cisko
Post by Fit E. Cal
[...]
You can be a psycho be you Christian, Muslim or Jew
Rich psycho, poor psycho, chicks go psycho and sue
The only ones who don't seem psycho are pretty much Hindu
Comrade Spetsnaz
2008-02-29 05:37:58 UTC
Post by Comrade Spetsnaz
Post by Comrade Spetsnaz
Post by Comrade Spetsnaz
Post by Greg Cisko
Post by Fit E. Cal
[...]
The only ones who don't seem psycho are pretty much Hindu- Hide quoted text -
Jesus was a psycho, Peter, Paul and Herod ooh
Buddah was a psycho and don't forget Mohammed too
You could spend your days naming psychos
In the face you'd go blue
Here a psycho, there a psycho
You'd never really be through
So gitcher bone saw, ice pick a roll 'o duct tape 'n glue
Whack, chop, slice, dice yummy! It's psycho stew :-)
Claude V. Lucas
2008-02-29 05:16:03 UTC
Post by Comrade Spetsnaz
Post by Greg Cisko
Post by Fit E. Cal
Most, -every once in a while, you type something with a kernal of
truth in it. The other side of that equation is, like most,
your posts don't belong in a thread named "Calling all guitarists who
can write too".
Yes but you are a total F-ing psycho numb nut. Along with that elvis
kabong ahole and Claude V lucas or whatever.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread326328/pg1
Grow up. mvm
Cissyko is one of those musicians who plays nothing but hate songs.
He even hates playing his hate songs, but has to do something to get
S&M chicks to administer his favorite pastime - being tortured.
This explains the constant frown on his face and why he takes
himself so seriously and assumes everyone is like he is. It's also
why he can't understand why people laugh at things in the
cartoon world of text.
Hmm.

Somebody's too prissy to type the word "fucking" or "asshole"

Isn't that wonderful.

Looks like their keyboard's broken too, or something.

Helpful hint for the illiterate.

Proper names should have the first letter of each word capitalized.

Adjectives such as "fucking" should not, unless at the beginning of a sentence.
Comrade Spetsnaz
2008-02-29 05:19:33 UTC
Mad skills...GAME! Feet on FIRE! http://tinyurl.com/225l54
Fit E. Cal
2008-01-01 05:57:19 UTC
Lord Valve <--------------------------------------------------------> http://preview.tinyurl.com/36sbgt
Expert <------> Almost posts ID him as a *Liar *----> http://tinyurl.com/36sbgt
Zeno
2008-01-01 10:10:38 UTC
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Hi Daniel,

Very well put together site. I will email you directly with some
transcription samples of mine that I created with my Finale program,
and have used in my private lessons as well. :)

Happy New Year!

Zeno
Fit E. Cal
2008-01-01 19:48:55 UTC
Post by Zeno
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Zeno- Hide quoted text -
Zeno-

I don't think the request is for players who can read and write
music...

Regards,

mvm
Zeno
2008-01-02 13:15:52 UTC
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Zeno
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Hmm...

It is also in tablature in addition to standard notation.
The consensus standard for quality educational Guitar related
publications, generally
infuse a well written verbal tutorial along with music transcriptions
in their columns.

I obviously missed something in my all too brief skim of the topic.
Either that or you're making another cultural observation;) I may have
mis-interpreted the intention behind the usage of "freelance" in the
post.

It seems to me that the more variety in both personalities and style,
could potentially increase the very same in the form of web traffic. A
virtual Guitar/music-ation. (Yeah, yeah.. I know that's not a word..
smirk)

Really though! It could have a diverse variety in subject matter in
the form of columns. Everything from fundamental music knowledge to
advanced concepts in harmony, rhythm, form,arranging & composition in
no particular order.

As well as technical columns relating to gear, components, design and
application could be included as well. Gain structure & the myriad of
tech-no-pinions ala Biblios perspectiva infinitus would make for some
interesting reading at the worst. ∞ Ad a little more organization than
the average forum and it could really do well for many.

The virtual sky oughtn't not have a limit me thinks anyway;)

Then again, that might be too much for one v-mag, and could be an
oppurtunity to create a sister v-
publication(s) so to to speak.

Care to conspire?;);)

To better days in 2008!

ƒinis

www.mypace.com/zenosonik

p.s. Do you build amps as well?
I've finally succumbed to my first 18watt build.
The temptation could no longer be tamed. Ω
Fit E. Cal
2008-01-02 19:24:49 UTC
Post by Zeno
Post by Fit E. Cal
Post by Zeno
Post by Decstuff
[...]
The temptation could no longer be tamed. Ω- Hide quoted text -
Zeno,

I'm a non-tech, guitar player / hobbyist. You might consider cut and
pasting the substance of this post back to the original poster- Best
of luck with your project(s)! Regards, :-) mvm
cruisemates
2008-01-04 17:33:20 UTC
I don't know who did your "condensed chord chart" but it seems pretty
inconsistent.

For example, under A9 it shows the notes A E D# B E (which is closer
to a Amaj7 add 9)
meanwhile under B9 it has the notes B F# A D# F# B (which is a true B9
IMHO - with the flatted 7)
The C chords do not show a C9 chord at all, but show a C chord and a
Cmaj chord as being one & the same (which they are, but why bother?)
D9 is shown a (7th fret) E B D F# C - (that can't be right. -
basically a standard g7 chord on the 7th fret)

I didn't bother to look any further. It just seems to me (as an editor
of my own web site) that if you are going to accept free articles you
had better be sure to copy edit them.

Good luck.
wiki miki
2022-07-26 08:26:42 UTC
Post by Decstuff
[...]
Hi there,

I am reaching out to check if you are accepting content on your blog from guest contributors.

If you do publish content from guest authors. I would love an opportunity to be one of them and continue our streak of publications to relevant sites in the industry.

I am writing a well-researched, data-driven, and in-depth blog post which might be a great addition to your blog.

Do you mind if I send you the draft so you can see if it’s a good fit for your blog?

Kind Regards