JMF Spectra Amplifiers?
m***@gmail.com
2014-09-25 12:51:35 UTC
I just recently acquired a nice guitar tube amp head that is marked "JMF
Spectra H120-7". Does anybody know anything about these amps? The guy I
got it from told me that it was made by Dean Markley.
It has blonde tolex, reverb tank, 2 channels, and four 6L6 output tubes. I
estimate 100 watts.
Thanks for your help.
-David Axt
Yes I used one for a large portion of my playing days. Owes me nothing. Put an EV 200w 12L speaker in it for solid low ends. Been sitting for a long time, plugged it in and a capacitor smoked out. Going to replace that part. But, a little noisy these days. Probably needs all new tubes. Wow that would be about $140 or more, not counting tax and having the new tubes bias checked. I could buy a nice new practice amp for a little more (20-40w) hmm? what will I do?
Lord Valve
2014-09-25 13:04:26 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
I just recently acquired a nice guitar tube amp head that is marked "JMF
Spectra H120-7". Does anybody know anything about these amps? The guy I
got it from told me that it was made by Dean Markley.
It has blonde tolex, reverb tank, 2 channels, and four 6L6 output tubes. I
estimate 100 watts.
Thanks for your help.
-David Axt
Yes I used one for a large portion of my playing days. Owes me nothing. Put an EV 200w 12L speaker in it for solid low ends. Been sitting for a long time, plugged it in and a capacitor smoked out. Going to replace that part. But, a little noisy these days. Probably needs all new tubes. Wow that would be about $140 or more, not counting tax and having the new tubes bias checked. I could buy a nice new practice amp for a little more (20-40w) hmm? what will I do?
Hey, Mr. Whizzer -

You just replied to a THIRTEEN YEAR-OLD POST.

"Quick, Sherman, set the Wayback Machine for March 10, 2001;
let's travel back and see if we can find anyone who gives a shit."

"Gosh, Mr. Peabody, but that sure seems like a waste of time, not
to mention energy."

"Perhaps you're right, Sherman. Fuck it, gimme a Milk Bone."

Where do these idiots come from?

Lord Valve
Expert (fuck you)
White Spirit
2014-09-25 13:08:17 UTC
Post by Lord Valve
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
At least it's on-topic, which makes it far more welcome than any of your
output.
Robin K. Banks
2014-09-25 21:18:18 UTC
Post by White Spirit
Post by Lord Valve
Post by m***@gmail.com
[...]
I Too havink Several Time Bomps in System some where Itchink to Kome Out!

Then they beink dated! That beink good bekause are from Ukrainian Engneer kouldn't get Date otherwise!
Did *I* do thaaat? http://fiduciaryaikido.blogspot.ca/
x***@gmail.com
2020-02-12 01:44:51 UTC
I don't know to much about JMF other than a lot them are found from the 80s in Kansas Salina according to mine and I don't think they are being produced anymore and so they are a somewhat a rare find. "chainsaw willie!" seems to know what he is talking about. I found my first JMF at a pawn shop for $140. It is a Spectra 150. They are all tube amps and yes they seem to have some issues. My Distort is not working and the presence and reverb is faint. I believe it has something to do with the tubes and connections might be corroded, especially if it has been around since the 80s. Who knows what environment it has been in. Finding parts is also rare although the reverb tank is easily replaceable. Despite the issues it is a sweet amp and not ready to give it up yet.
Lord Valve
2020-02-12 12:09:57 UTC
Post by x***@gmail.com
I don't know to much about JMF other than a lot them are found from the 80s in Kansas Salina according to mine and I don't think they are being produced anymore and so they are a somewhat a rare find. "chainsaw willie!" seems to know what he is talking about. I found my first JMF at a pawn shop for $140. It is a Spectra 150. They are all tube amps and yes they seem to have some issues. My Distort is not working and the presence and reverb is faint. I believe it has something to do with the tubes and connections might be corroded, especially if it has been around since the 80s. Who knows what environment it has been in. Finding parts is also rare although the reverb tank is easily replaceable. Despite the issues it is a sweet amp and not ready to give it up yet.
*Another* rocket scientist replies to a NINETEEN year-old
post.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...<fart>

Lord Valve, ThD
Expert (fuck you)

T R U M P 2 0 2 0 - M A G A - 1 7 7 6 / 1 8 6 1

W W G 1 W G A
x***@gmail.com
2020-02-12 16:55:46 UTC
Is there a problem???
Lord Valve
2020-02-12 17:15:57 UTC
Post by x***@gmail.com
Is there a problem???
Why, no, not at all. This is Usenet, the bilge of
the Good Ship Internet, where you can spit on the
mat and call the cat a bastard, and every man is
free to be a clueless fucktard who replies to 20
year-old posts that no-one could possibly give two
thirds of a dead rat's ass about.

Don't let me rain on your parade, junior. Carry on
wanking.

Lord Valve, ThD
Expert (fuck you)

T R U M P 2 0 2 0 - M A G A - 1 7 7 6 / 1 8 6 1

W W G 1 W G A
x***@gmail.com
2020-02-12 18:10:11 UTC
Oh, I'm sorry. Apparently I thought I was Finding valuable information about a specific subject. Apparently, this conversation is about a bunch of dumbass kids who play fortnite all day and have a miserable life and reply to conversations with immature worthless crap. Your right its starts with preschool douches who dont give a damn and there for bored with them selves and start this kind of crap. Dont bother replying.
I won't be back.
Lord Valve
2020-02-12 19:19:56 UTC
Post by x***@gmail.com
Oh, I'm sorry. Apparently I thought I was Finding valuable information about a specific subject. Apparently, this conversation is about a bunch of dumbass kids who play fortnite all day and have a miserable life and reply to conversations with immature worthless crap. Your right its starts with preschool douches who dont give a damn and there for bored with them selves and start this kind of crap. Dont bother replying.
I won't be back.
Door, ass, etc.

Defiant
2020-02-18 05:38:23 UTC
Post by Lord Valve
Post by x***@gmail.com
Oh, I'm sorry. Apparently I thought I was Finding valuable information about a specific subject. Apparently, this conversation is about a bunch of dumbass kids who play fortnite all day and have a miserable life and reply to conversations with immature worthless crap. Your right its starts with preschool douches who dont give a damn and there for bored with them selves and start this kind of crap. Dont bother replying.
I won't be back.
Door, ass, etc.
http://youtu.be/OzeReq2-3go
http://youtu.be/S-PWTsc0lC8
I addition to those....

Seth B
2021-12-13 02:32:55 UTC
Post by Defiant
http://youtu.be/Vqbk9cDX0l0
JMF originally mostly built MOSFET amps under the Spectra brand name, and made in Salina Kansas. Later on with Dean Markley they started making hybrid amps with op amp preamps and tube phase inverters and tube output sections, and in about their last two years of production a few mostly full tube amps were produced like the 60-T, 20-T and a 112 T and a 120 CD or something. The reverb and the effects loops were still op amp driven. The settings on Lead channel on the 60-T affected the Normal channel much like a Mesa MkI or MkII. Shortly after Spectra came out with these tube amps, (2-1/2 years) Spectra was gone forever. As flaky as these amps were, I have heard that the 1 year warranty returns broke the company much like it did with the great Bobby Crooks' old classic Standel (Standard Electronics) company. These were nice amps for the early 1980s, "IF" you got one that worked! QC was definitely an issue. The circuit design itself was solid and sounded great. The parts? Not so much. Finding parts? If you know your way around audio amplifiers and can work with some 1970s solid state stuff and tube amps, it's not an issue at all. It's a 20 year old post but people like me are still finding it looking for information on and insights into what ever happened to Spectra? Make all the snarky smartass comments you want, Lord Valve. There is not a lot of information on Spectra out there, so have a s*** sandwich. Aspen Pittman felt strongly enough about Spectra to have mentioned them in one or two of his books, but only in passing.
Willie Whittaker is a Putin Cock Sucker
2021-12-14 13:45:14 UTC
On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 11:19:56 -0800, Lord Valve wrote: Lord Valve. There is not a lot of information on Spectra out there, so have a s*** sandwich. Aspen Pittman felt strongly enough about Spectra to have mentioned them in one or two of his books, but only in passing.
Large Vagina died of #TrumpVirus

Don't expect a reply